Friday, March 23, 2012

Society is a hot mess.

Society is a hot mess. Wanna know why? This shit.

Reality TV. 

When did society become so absolutely obsessed with other people's misfortune and drama? I hate reality TV. You want to know what's wrong with our teenagers these days? Just look at the people they watch on TV!

 ---Like Jersey Shore. Oh. My. God. I have to say before I go further that I did watch like.. half the first season of it just to see what it was about. I couldn't finish it. It was so.. horrible. I don't watch it anymore but that doesn't stop me from knowing when it comes on. Every time a new season comes out my Facebook is blown up with "OMG ITS JERSDAYYYYY THURSDAYYYYY!!!" "Jersey Shoreeeeeeeee!!"

 If that was me on that show, my Momma would kick my ass. Everyone on that show is completely self absorbed with absolutely no motivation make anything of themselves. They are content with getting wasted every night, sleeping with everything that has two legs - maybe more, wearing things that would make Hugh Hefner blush, and spending all their money making themselves look like a carrot with teased up hair. Cheating? Totally acceptable. Sleeping with a different boy/girl every night? STD what? Alcohol poisoning? BRINNGGG ITTT ONNNN BITCHESSSS! And you wonder why our girls dress the way they do and you wonder why boys are such inconsiderate pricks. It's because the people they idolize on TV do it. If it's acceptable to them, it's gotta be okay for us to do it too. Bull shit. 


The Bachelor/Bachelorette 

I hate this show even more than Jersey Whore Shore. This is another yearly thing that everyone gets sooooooo damn excited about. "Omg! Who is he going to pick! Oh, she's so stupid! Why did she pick him?!"  I've tried to watch it. I've tried to like it. But I cannot understand, for the life of me, why you would go on a game show to fall in love. I can't get that through my head. Why? Isn't that like.. setting yourself up for failure? It's hard enough trying to find someone in the real world without 10 million people watching you. Now everyone knows all your dirty little secrets.

And the girls cry. They cry so much. It's unbelievable. Aww.. honey. Why are you crying? You're in love with him and he doesn't love you? Well how long were you together? 3 weeks? FUCK YOU ARE YOU STUPID? DRY IT UP AND GO MAKE SOMETHING OF YOURSELF! 
And what's with the proposal at the end? You've had like 3 months to get to know someone. I do realize there are some very happy people out there that have been proposed to/gotten married in that same time frame and are very happy, but they didn't have to compete with 56 other people. You have not had an adequate amount of time to get to know someone. You do not propose. And then everyone is shocked when it doesn't work out. ....No shit it didn't work out. While you were busy flaunting your body and overplaying your emotions to get a rose, so were the 198 girls/boys that he/she was making out with. You cannot have a stable relationship if you're "test driving" other men or women. That is the exact same thing is cheating. It's not a real commitment and it's not going to work.

The Secret Life of the American Teenager.
I know this isn't reality tv, but while I'm hating on television I thought I might as well throw this in.
First off, it's pathetic that we actually have to have a show like this. That goes to show me how bad society has gotten. Someone felt a show like this would be successful because there is such a large audience.
Now for the reasons why I hate this show. It's entirely too much. When it was just about Amy being pregnant and trying to figure out how to raise a child, that was tolerable. But now? I can't keep up with all the stereotypical situations that have been crammed into that one tiny group of friends. The pregnant girl, the asshole boyfriend, the divorced parents, the younger sister wanting to create her own identity, the Christian girl that won't have sex with her jock boyfriend, the Jock boyfriend looking for sex somewhere else, the Christian girl finally has sex, the death of a parent, the special needs brother, the boyfriend that tries to marry the girlfriend, the divorced parents finding other people, the divorced parents trying to get back together, the gay kid, the slutty band girl, the slutty band girl gone good, the widow trying to date again, the kids living together, the single dad getting married, the single mom never being around..  My God. And I haven't seen the show in two years. That's only what I remember. There is no telling what has happened since then that I'm not aware of.

This is the most ridiculous show that I have ever seen. And it's so off base. I am 18 years old and I don't know a single teenager or group of teenagers that have so many problems. And to top that -- the parents. What parent is going to be REMOTELY okay with any of this?! As a teenager you do need your own freedom. And I do believe in that. You must have room to discover new things and learn about yourself. Your parents can't shelter you forever. But these parents are so nonchalant about their kids situations it's ridiculous. They are treating them like grown people, which they're not. And society loves this! They eat it up! I think Secret Life is on like season 5 or something. *Facepalm*

Getting out of the TV industry I am going to move towards the fashion industry/celebrities because that is as equally fucked up -- if not more.


 
Celebrities:
 Lindsay Lohan.
Lindsay Lohan....
(massive labored sigh) Lindsay Lohan :(  Need I say more?

I am aware that she's not the only one but she's the prime example of a shit storm. And that's an understatement. 

Models/Fashion. 

You want to know why little girls are so self conscience? There's your answer. Who are you to tell someone that they are fat, ugly, or both? Who are they to tell someone they are fat, ugly, or both? How much do you have to weigh to be fat? What is considered fat? What is considered ugly? If you are going to be in the fashion industry you have to be skinny. You have to be beautiful because pretty doesn't cut it. The average model is 5'10" and 110 pounds. That's what girls see every time they go somewhere. Every store you walk into has something that is going to make you feel insecure. It doesn't even have to be real. Inanimate objects even judge you. The mannequins? Those are skinny mother fuckers. You can't walk into a store without seeing some naked mannequin and going "Man, that hunk of plastic is hot. I wish I was as skinny as that plastic mold" or "man.. that plastic person has great biceps. Why aren't my biceps that nice?" That Victoria's Secret poster? I can't walk into VS to buy a bra to make my 18 year old tits a little perkier without feeling like she's judging me from up on that wall with her glittery body and rock hard abs. I mean, come on. That is telling every child, teenager, and woman in American that they are only beautiful, sexy, and desirable if they can fit in a size 2.


 I hate all that stuff. Hate it. I can't go to the mall without the mannequins judging me for my small pretzel bite and water and I can't turn on my tv without seeing some girl passed out on the ground with her ass in the air, some guy making out with 6 different people, or pregnant teenagers. Where's all the good stuff that I grew up on? Where's Andy Griffith?  Where's The Nanny? Bring back the modesty! Less is more only applies with make up. Marilyn Monroe was a curvy lady. She is a damn American Icon and EVERYONE thinks she's hot! That's what society needs. It needs to get rid of this trash and bring back the good stuff. My God. We're going to hell in a hand basket.

No comments:

Post a Comment